- A line of very potent, slow moving
thunderstorms that were training over the same area, dropped
a whopping 126mm of rain in Toronto in just a few hours. This
was the biggest single day day rainfall ever recorded at Pearson
international Airport, smashing the previous record of 121mm
set in 1954 during Hurricane Hazel.
- Widespread flooding, power outages
and closed roads were commonplace all over the greater Toronto
- - Most of the main highways around
the city were closed.
- - The subway system was shut down.
- - The Go Train system was shut down
due to flooding and over 1000 people had to be rescued by police
in inflatable boats.
- - 300,000 people were without power,
mainly in Mississauga.